Saturday, September 11, 2010

Burning Man 2010: Metropolis





I went to Burning Man for the first time this year and it was soooo amazing on so many levels. Burning Man is a huge art and music festival way out in the desert and this year over 51,000 people were in attendance. Almost everyone brings a bike to Burning Man. There are some designated green bikes that you can borrow but they disappear often and are hard to find. And actually, you can buy an old used bike at the entrance too. You wouldn't want to bring a nice bike to Burning Man because the Alkali dust will get into everything and will ruin it. For my Burning Man Bike I went to the swap meet in Oakland and found a probably stolen bike for super cheap (sorry bro, I tipped a bit of my 40 our for ya) and then I used colored duct tape to decorate it. Building the bike was a fun project and riding around the playa was so much fun! I can't wait to go back and do it again next year.

Here are a few of my pics and a couple quick vids, enjoy :)















And here's another great post on Bikes @ Burning Man:
Check it out: www.bikejuju.com

No comments:

Post a Comment